IS-ENES / PRACE Collaboration wiki¶
- Table of contents
- IS-ENES / PRACE Collaboration wiki
This joint research activity is part of the PRACE / IS-ENES collaboration on high resolution climate model performances.
Related activities (PRACE2IP, PRACE Program Access) will be described on IS-ENES portal
- 1. Make a performance analysis of the high-resolution configuration of the coupled EC-EARTH 3 on different platforms.
PRACE/SARA 2PM, IS-ENES/NSC 2PM. Chandan Basu
- 2. Validate the OASIS4 coupler for the EC-Earth coupling configuration.
IS-ENES/DKRZ-CERFACS 2PM. Sophie Valcke
- 3. Improve the coupling implementation, upgrading to OASIS3-MCT .
PRACE/KTH-SNIC 1PM, IS-ENES/SMHI-CERFACS 2.5PM. Eric Maisonnave
- 4. Mapping of MPMD hybrid MPI+OpenMP threads and MPI-only tasks efficiently onto cores on different architectures.
PRACE/SARA 2PM+IS-ENES 2PM. John Donners
- 5. Investigate if CUDA-enabled routines can improve the scalability of the coupled or atmosphere-only model.
PRACE/ICHEC 2PM. Alastair McKinstry
- 6. Investigate and improve scalability of I/O within IFS and NEMO.
PRACE /NTNU4.5PM + IS-ENES/IPSL 1PM. Vegard Eide
- 7. Design of one application to run ensemble simulations .
PRACE 1PM + IS-ENES/SMHI 4PM. Uwe Fladrich
- 8. Optimize the mapping of MPI tasks of the submodel NEMO (possibly also IFS) to cores on different architectures.
PRACE/SARA 1PM + IS-ENES 1PM John Donners
- 9. Implement dynamical memory allocation and load-balanced domain decomposition.
PRACE/STFC 6PM. Andrew Porter
- 10. Look at scalability of reading of forcing file for ocean-only run.
- 11. Improve the efficiency of CDO for postprocessing of GRIB data
PRACE/SARA 1PM. John Donners