- On which granularities are DOI data references provided?
There are two granularities (see also WIP White Paper ):
1. model/MIP: Data reference for all data provided from an institution with a specific model to a MIP
2. experiment: Data reference for all data provided from an institution with a specific model to an experiment (use of API required!)
- One of my experiment belongs to two MIPs. For which DRS should I provide data reference details?
The DOIs are connected to the dataset_id of the ESGF, which is based on the DRS. Thus please provide the data reference for the MIP, which you use in the directory structure (DRS).
- known incompatibility with FirefoxESR52.7.3
Please use a different browser
- I cannot find the entries for the experiments in the GUI. What should I do?
The number of experiments might get too many for a GUI application. Therefore please use the API instead (see: Best Practices)
- What does the version YYYYMMDD in the data reference on the landing page mean?
This specifies the latest ESGF dataset version used when the evolving data collection is referenced (see also footnote on the landing page).
As our CMIP6 citations are assigned for a data collection of evolving data (including all versions), a data user citing the data needs to specify the ESGF dataset version to specify the data subset used e.g. in an article. ESGF CoG supports filtering for version ranges in the "More Search Options" section.