QC Level 2 at Data Nodes (under construction)¶
- Table of contents
- QC Level 2 at Data Nodes (under construction)
The QC core tool can be applied to CMIP5 data in CMOR directory structure as well as ESGF datanode directory structure (CMIP5 Data Reference Syntax). It is applied without QC wrapper.
Get/Install the QC tool¶
- Register at this page (upper right corner) and send an email with subject prefix "[CMIP5_QC]" to dataATdkrz.de
with your details (name, email, institute) and that you would like to use the CMIP5 QC tool at your data node
- You will receive your user and password via email for svn access Name, email, institute details for svn access: http://svn-mad.zmaw.de/svn/mad/Model/QualCheck/QC/branches/QC-0.1 (to Stephanie or Jörg)
- install the QC tool according to Readme.txt. netcdf-3 library is sufficient, netcdf-4 library is not needed (Quick Start items 1-3)
Run QC tool¶
- Edit the QC configuration file; I call mine qcm.conf. If you can run qcWrapper far enough so that it runs QC, then the output directory will contain a QC configuration file which you can use as a starting point. This is just a modification of the qcWrapper configuration file (I don't know exactly what the differences are). The QC distribution includes a very well-commented example of the qcWrapper configuration file. Comment out all options starting with "QCDB".
- QC-0.1/scripts/qcManager -f qcm.conf
There are numerous optional arguments of the form -E_*, but most likely you won't need them.
- Look at the output. You chose the output directory when you edited the configuration file. In there you will find a good overview in subdirectory "session_logs", and important error messages in subdirectory "error_logs". Also, don't miss the subdirectory "data". Several directory levels below it are files describing any problems - machine-readable NetCDF files, and human readable files of the form error.txt and warning.txt .
Analyze QC results¶
QC Level 2 in CMIP5 is assigned by the ESGF partners according to the evaluation of exceptions listed in: list of exceptions and QC L2 assignment criteria.
- questions: dataATdkrz.de (Please use the subject prefix "[CMIP5_QC]")
- bug report / support: https://redmine.dkrz.de/collaboration/projects/cmip5-qc/issues/new